Since I first envisioned The HSTE Project somewhere back around March of this year, I knew that to have a good project, I would have to spend a lot of time planning the project before I even presented it to my CT&E Director and Principal. On July 10, 2008, I wrote blog post on my personal blog called So much to teach, where to start first? In that post I listed several objectives that I would like to accomplish in the first weeks of school.
1. Teach students how to collaborate in groups
2. Expose the students to editing a Wiki on our Wikispaces page
3. Expose my students to Web 2.0 terminology and technology
4. Let the students create their first product, or "project"
5. Get the student working together and show them how we will work the entire semester or school year.
Well, I think I have come along way in a little under a month since I wrote that post. I received approval to launch The HSTE Project on July 28th and since then I think all that I have done is work in Wikispaces and develop the start of the Ning so that by the first day of shcool, I will be able to start the school year off in the right direction. The one thing I had failed to do, however, was to write the plan. Thanks to Vicki's blog post that was something I really needed to do.
So here is the 2008 - 2009 HSTE Plan. This is still just somewhat of a "shell" and I need to take each of the months and break them down and develop monthly projects and individual assignments to go along with those projects.
Isn't it amazing that sometimes all you need is a little something to make the lightbulb go off in your head and you have an "ah-haa" moment. All I can say is thanks Vicki for giving me yet anohter great idea.
Blogged with the Flock Browser