Tuesday, August 26, 2008

School has started!

School started yesterday. Needles to say, I haven't had much time to do anything except try to get to know the new students that haven't been in the HSTE program before and try to let them know what we will be doing in class this year, especially about the HSTE Project.

I did try something new today and it was using Screenflow from Vara Software to record one of my classes and show it to the students enrolled in the same class later in the day in a different section. It turned out well for the first time. I think that this technique of recording a short portion of the major parts of your lesson for the day will be a time saver, especially if you have multiple sections of a class.

I actually got to walk around the room while I was showing the screencast and meet more students, try to learn some names and have a little one-to-one time with my students who were in groups. I will attempt to upload a link to that movie file so, if there is any interest to see how the 2nd day of school went you may view it.



Until next time...
Blogged with the Flock Browser

No comments: