Sunday, August 3, 2008

Keeping Parents Informed





Keeping Parents informed about the HSTE Project

One of the things that I really want to focus on this year with the HSTE Project this year is letting the parents of my students know, right from the first day of school what the HSTE Project is all about and what their child will be doing in my class.

So, I have spent some time today making a HSTE Parents Page in Wikispaces. What are my expectations for making such a page, well I would like for my students' parents to take a look at what we will be doing as well as try to encourage their involvement in the HSTE Project, especially if they are in a health care career.

I also included some references to some Digital Citizenship resources that I have developed to try to encourage them to take an active part in their child's social networking experience to ensure that their student is safe online.

I have offered to take an evening to talk to them and show them how to take a look at their child's social networking sites.

Finally, I asked them to help us with our student organization HOSA. Will it encourage parents to participate and be more involved this year? I don't know but it is worth a try.

Less than two weeks to go before the teachers report back to school on August 14th. To be quite honest I am really looking forward to the new school year starting. With the HSTE Project to implement and all of the other things that I am working on, it will be an exciting and challenging year.

No comments: